I made this giant bow headband for my daughter’s Daisy Duck costume and thought I would share it with YOU too! There are so many costumes/characters that have big, puffy bows, so this is sure to come in handy. You can make this bow using one fat quarter and a few fabric scraps if you make the headband cover.
- bow fabric (woven or knit)
- headband fabric (knit is best)
- matching thread
- fluffy batting
- plastic headband or pre-covered
- main bow: 7 x 22 inches (cut 2)
- bow center: 4.5 x 6 inches (cut 1)
- main bow batting: 8 x 23 in. (cut 2)
- bow center batting: 1.5 x 6 in. (cut 1)
- headband cover: 1.5 x 12 in. (cut 1, fold in half, trim excess)
- stretchy headband: 3 x 20-22 in. (cut 1, adjust to the wearers head size)
The technique for the stretchy headband uses the method I teach for sewing scrunchies.
Go get creative and make something you love!