Hi! I’m Paige, an elf who has achieved Master Tinker status. I was relocated to the sunny land of Los Angeles, because I like to wear floral dresses year-round. I am married to the coolest nerd and Mama to two girly girls.
My mission is to take the overwhelm out of sewing, so you can go get creative and make something you love!
*spoiler alert* I’m not a real elf, but I would fit in at The North Pole. I am a maker. Making things isn’t just something I do; it is a part of who I am.
For as long as I can remember I have been making things. I commandeered my mom’s little pink plastic sewing box as a child. I remember cutting out a heart from some gray jersey and making a little ornament for my mom with the ever classic “MOM” on it. My mom gifted me with my first sewing machine when I turned 13. The first thing I made was a snowball blanket. I kept with tradition and gifted my daughter similar supplies when she turned 7.
From then on, I was always making something. I attempted my first quilt when I was 16 with little clue as to what I was doing. I learned to crochet as a teenager from my mom, who learned to crochet from her grandmother. I taught myself to knit in my early 20’s. I’ve embroidered, refinished and upholstered furniture, painted a doll house, and more. I’ll always be working on something. Here are a few of my favorite things I have made.
10 random things about me:
- Christmas is my season.
- I think puzzles and board games are so much fun.
- I cry more from happiness than sadness.
- The funny movies/shows I often quote are: The Office, Baby Mama, Talladega Nights, & Mean Girls.
- I wear my pearl earrings all day, every day.
- My associate degree is in Natural Sciences. Biology is fascinating to me.
- Proverbs 31: The Wife of Noble Character is a very personal scripture to me.
- There are many books in every room of my house. I really enjoy reading.
- I like to dance. Not in a formal or trained way; simply happy movement.
- I love my family so very much. Gratitude abounding!
This video answers some FAQ’s and tells a little more of my story.
I hope you feel inspired, learn something new, and make something you love!