In my monthly “That’s Sew Cool” series I share five fun things related to sewing that have caught my eye and might catch yours too.
1. A Little Bling: Neta Hilel Design Sewing Needle Ring. This intriguing ring reminds me of the vintage spoon handle rings but specific to a lady who enjoys sewing. Made of solid 14 karat gold, it can easily become a lifelong treasure and heirloom. It is sentimental and not overly kitschy.
2. Sewing Scout Pin: Justine Gilbuena Enamel Pins. Child scouts aren’t the only people who get badges and pins. It is fun to wear a pin when you’re feeling spunky. I have two of Justine’s enamel pins; the tape measure and the “Even Artichokes Have Hearts” pin. John got the artichoke pin for me because I like artichokes and he won’t eat them with me. I appreciate the gesture, ha!
3. Just a Note: Quilty Girl Planners Sewing Notebook. It is a basic notebook; nice to have for writing sewing notes, pattern plans, simple sketches, and ideas as they come up. I recently bought this little notebook for 2020 and I’ll first add a sewing project tracker to keep a record of all the things I make this year. *affiliate link
4. Pattern Crush: Charm Patterns by Gertie Princess Coat. Gertie has been hinting at this coat pattern for a while and as soon as she revealed it for preorder I knew I would want to make this. Even if you don’t want to sew a coat, please go look at her gorgeous photos and the variety of options. You’ll be glad you did.
5. Fabric Fancy: Rico Floral Cotton. This is such a cute print! The fabric is 100% cotton broadcloth. I have a great project coming up using this fabric and I’m looking forward to wearing it when it is done.
What is your favorite thing in this roundup? Is there something that is SEW COOL that was missed? Share in the comments and maybe it will pop up for next months collection.